WHAT IS WIC?
WIC is a nutrition education program. WIC provides nutritious foods that promote good health for:
- Pregnant women
- Women who just had a baby
- Breastfeeding moms
- Infants and children up to age five.
WHAT DOES WIC PROVIDE?
- Nutrition education and support
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Referral or health care
- Immunization screening and referral
- Supplemental foods such as:
- Whole-grain foods
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Infant Formula
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR WIC?
Women who are pregnant, breastfeeding or have a baby less than 6 months old, and infants and children up to 5 years old are eligible to apply for WIC. Fathers are welcome to apply for WIC for children up to age 5.
To qualify for service you must:
- Live In the county where you apply
- Be pregnant, breastfeeding, or postpartum (having a baby less than 6-months-old)
- Be an infant or child up to 5-years-old
- Be income eligible – see guidelines below
HOW DO I APPLY?
Call your local clinic to schedule an appointment to meet with a WIC staff member. To see if you quality all it takes is a visit to your local WIC clinic!
» PLEASE CALL TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT «
WHAT DO I BRING TO MY FIRST VISIT?
- Proof of income (current pay stub, approval letter for Health Start, Ohio Works First, Food Stamps or current Medicaid card)
- Proof of address (utility or credit bill, or Ohio driver’s license)
- Proof of identity for you and any other applicant (birth certificate, driver’s license, Medicaid card, crib card or shot record)
- All family members applying for WIC services
- If pregnant, a doctor’s statement showing due date
- Children’s shot records
To Apply for WIC online in Ohio follow this link to the online application. Online WIC Application, **Note: clicking on the application, you will be directed to the State website. This same application is used to apply for Healthy Start & Healthy Families in Ohio.
There are WIC clinics in all of Ohio’s 88 counties. Applicants can call the Help Me Grow Helpline at 1 (800) 755-GROW(4769) for specific clinic locations or call your county WIC clinic.